This hearty twist on a Tex-Mex favorite features the gentle spiciness of Italian sausage, scrambled eggs, cream cheese, and steamy whole grain brown rice, served in a skillet-toasted tortilla that bursts with flavor.
½ pound mild Italian sausage
½ cup chopped colored bell pepper
¼ cup chopped onion
4 eggs, beaten
3 ounces light cream cheese, cut into small cubes
8 (6 ¼-inch) flour tortillas
1. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat cook sausage, bell pepper, and onion, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through (10 to 12 minutes).
2. Add rice, eggs, and cream cheese.
3. Continue cooking, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are cooked and cheese is melted (4 to 5 minutes).
4. This is a fun part of the project that your child can help you with. On one side of tortilla place about ½ cup rice mixture. Our interactive MEASURING lesson will show your child how to measure ½ cup.
5. Fold over tortilla and continue cooking, over medium heat, until first side is light brown (1 to 2 minutes).
6. Turn-over and continue cooking until second side is light brown (1 to 2 minutes). Repeat with remaining tortillas. Refrigerate leftovers.
Note: Nutrition facts based on ingredients in the recipe description and does not include side dishes shown in photography.
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
Calories from Fat 300
Total Fat 32g 49%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Trans fat 0g
Carbohydrates 68g 23%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Vitamin A 10%
Vitamin C 50%
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs,
The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they
been evaluated by the U.S, FDA